AG Holder Tops Dirty Dozen List of Sex Exploiters
The 12 who facilitate the spread of pornography
WASHINGTON, D.C. (April 1, 2013)– Morality in Media launched the Dirty Dozen List of top pornography facilitators today to bring awareness to the pandemic of harm caused by pornography, including violence against women, increased child pornography, and sex-trafficking. Eric Holder tops the charts, along with Google’s app store and the American Library Association, for enabling pornographers to have free reign.
The campaign homepage, www.PornHarms.com/dirtydozen, reads, “Warning! Are you aware of the top 12 facilitators of porn in America? With your help, we will successfully target, expose and shame 12 top enablers of our country’s pornography pandemic.”
Patrick A. Trueman, President of Morality in Media, explained why U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder tops the list, “Holder’s actions keep the porn industry thriving. He not only refuses to enforce obscenity laws currently on the books that prohibit the distribution of hardcore pornography, but he even disbanded the office charged with enforcement.” Trueman is the Former Chief of the Child Exploitation and Obscenity Section at the U.S. Department of Justice where he supervised the prosecution of obscenity crimes, child sex crimes and child pornography.
Google’s app store, Googleplay, is another group to top the list for failing to block explicit material. Steve Jobs said in 2010, “Folks who want porn can buy an Android phone.” He knew it was irresponsible to have porn apps that children could easily access but GooglePlay has yet to follow Jobs leadership.
The full list includes:
- Attorney General Eric Holder- Shut down the section in charge of prosecuting obscenity cases.
- Comcast- Provides explicit material on basic cable packages accessible by the click of your remote.
- Facebook- Failure to enforce their own rules makes it one of the top places to share pornography.
- Googleplay- Unlike Apple, Android phones put pornography in the hands of any young child that can download an app.
- LodgeNet Interactive Corporation- Provides hardcore pornography to major hotels, even though current law prohibits the distribution of obscene pornography.
- Hilton- A major hotel provider of hardcore pornography.
- American Library Association- Pushes libraries not to use any Internet filters to prevent children from stumbling across porn while doing their homework.
- Twitter- States in its policy they “do not regulate Tweets … including pornography.”
- Wikipedia- Does nothing to wipe their content of obscene material.
- Cosmo- Relies on sexually explicit content to sell magazines to young girls.
- Barnes & Noble- Sells adult and child erotica.
- Department of Defense- Pervasive porn causes harassment in the workplace, addiction, and problems at home.