Coalition to End Sexual Exploitation
YOU’RE INVITED TO ATTEND THE FIRST ANNUAL COALITION TO END SEXUAL EXPLOITATION SUMMIT MAY 16-17 in WASHINGTON, DC. REGISTER HERE.
Morality In Media (PornHarms.com) has organized this 2014 Summit of leaders from all around the world to strengthen the collective fight to preserve dignity.
The summit will provide:
- Opportunity to network with experts, activists and groups engaged in this issue from around the country and the world;
- Time for leaders to create a critical strategy for building a strong, united front to oppose sexual exploitation and guard against pornography addiction;
- Presentations by the leading experts on the harms of pornography (covering the latest scientific research on brain science, violence, harms to children and links to sex trafficking, etc.). Other presentation topics will include updates on the latest technology, the business structure of the porn industry and more;
- Organizational trainings from experts on fundraising, how to get into the press and digital strategies;
- Latest scientific research about the impact of pornography on the brain & addiction
- Updates on latest technology dangers and new technology advances for protection
- Harms to children and links to child pornography
- Links between pornography and sex trafficking
- How to fundraising for your organization (Legacy Programs, Direct Mail, Grants, etc)
- How to get into the news (Writing a press release, building relationships with journalists)
- Preparing for news interviews and hostile interactions
- Digital Strategies (inexpensive and free web tools, social media, email campaigns, etc)
- Successes from groups all around the country
- Small group strategizing sessions
- AND MORE…
THE PURPOSE OF THIS COALITION:
We need strong, united leadership in order to galvanize a successful movement that will halt the pornification of our society. Many groups around the country address various aspects of this fight. However, work and resources are often duplicated; groups are unaware of what others are doing; and many are working in a silo, separate from their allies who can help them achieve their mission. With a united coalition, groups can magnify resources, learn from one another and provide better support to individuals seeking help. Coming together to build a unified movement will strengthen each of our collective efforts to oppose pornography and protect innocence. An official coalition improves the effectiveness of each group in this fight.
Members of the coalition include pro-family organizations; religious leaders; women’s rights and feminist activists; child advocacy and Internet safety groups; law enforcement; mental health and science experts; anti-trafficking groups; state policy groups and more.
In 2009, Morality In Media (PornHarms.com) launched the War On Illegal Pornography Coalition, which now consists of more than 135 groups. This coalition works toward getting existing federal obscenity laws enforced. Many coalition members have urged MIM to broaden the coalition goals and take the lead in directing a comprehensive and united anti-pornography movement. In January 2014, MIM expanded the effort to the “Coalition to End Sexual Exploitation” with the joint goals of prevention, recovery, advocacy and education.
We invite all groups who are dedicated to defending dignity, protecting innocence and opposing pornography and exploitation to join us!